"Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom."
We are glad to share some relevant pregnancy information with you !!
- Stronger arms and legs and correctly placed toe and finger nails of baby makes it clear that the baby is due nearly.
- Baby's head is down at the mother's pelvis, making it easy to breathe for the mom-to-be.
- 22 inches (55cm) long and half inch thick umbilical cord which carries nutrients from the placenta to the baby is present.
- Lanugo and vernix have disappeared with time.
- Baby has been supplied with antibodies through the placenta via your body which will help the baby's immune system to fight infections for the first 6-12 months of his/her life.
You have gained a lot of weight and feel uncomfortable. Everything has been pushed from its original position, as uterus has filled your pelvis and most of your abdomen. False labor contractions start appearing, but if these become regular contact your doctor. If you find large gush of water from vagina contact your doctor immediately.
Tip of the Week:
- In the final stages of pregnancy the Braxton Hick's contractions or False labor pains may mimic True labor pains. There are some differences between False labor and True labor. False labor pains usually occur in the lower abdomen and groin region, while the True labor pains may start in the lower back and spread to the entire abdomen. Real labor pains increase in both intensity and duration with time.
- Yoga, deep breathing, warm water bath, changing positions/ activities, listening to music, drinking a couple of glasses of water can provide relief during false labor pain episodes. Whereas true labor keeps progressing until delivery.