As you are preparing to conceive, we are glad to share some extremely important information with you which will make your upcoming pregnancy happier and healthier!!
Do the urine pregnancy test :
A pregnancy testing kit is available at any chemist shop. Read the instructions and follow carefully. To have accurate results, the first morning urine sample should be used. In most of the women, the test result is positive one week after the due date.
Tips for Mom To Be :
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy and freshly prepared food.
- Quit smoking, alcohol or any other addictions.
- Keep yourself busy constructively and have a positive attitude.
- Think about the changes baby will bring in your life both physically and socially. Prepare yourself accordingly.
- Visit your gynecologist as soon as you get positive result for urine pregnancy test. For a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, it is advised to start prenatal care early and to keep up with the appointments. Your gynecologist may advise if necessary Blood HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) to confirm your pregnancy.
- As soon as the doctor confirms pregnancy, you have to follow the pregnancy vaccination protocol as advised.
- Start taking 0.4mg or 400 micrograms of Folic acid a day. Folic acid taken few months before conception has shown to reduce neural defects such as Spina Bifida.
- Talk to your doctor about any history of diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma . Also discuss any other acute/chronic illnesses you are/were suffering from.
- Talk to your doctor about any genetic disorders in your family.
- Go for a dental check-up as infection of gums may cause a preterm baby. Maintain a good oral hygiene throughout your pregnancy.
Possible changes at this stage of pregnancy:
It is too early for any changes at this stage and it is even difficult to distinguish from a pre-menstrual syndrome symptoms, so you are never sure if you have to expect your normal menstrual cycle or pregnancy unless you do a urine test around 1 week after your due date. However, most of the times the following pre-menstrual cycle symptoms will become worse than normal in case of pregnancy:
- Mood Swings.
- Aversion to food.
- Bloating in abdomen.
- Tenderness in breasts.
- Increase in basal body temperature.
Development stage of the Baby:
If the coitus happened at the time of ovulation (you can calculate the ovulation time through our conception calculator) then in high probability you will conceive and there will be fusion between the sperm and the ovum resulting in the formation of a zygote (fertilized egg), which will then start dividing many times to form an embryo.