"A baby is something you carry inside you for nine months, in your arms for three years and in your heart till the day you die."
As you are preparing to conceive, we are glad to share some extremely important information with you which will make your upcoming pregnancy happier and healthier!!
Do the urine pregnancy test :
A pregnancy testing kit is available at any chemist shop. Read the instructions and follow carefully. To have accurate results the first morning urine sample should be used.
Tips for Mom To Be :
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy and freshly prepared food.
- Quit smoking, alcohol or any other addictions.
- Keep yourself busy constructively and have a positive attitude.
- Think about the changes baby will bring in your life both physically and socially. Prepare yourself accordingly.
- Visit your gynecologist as soon as you get positive result for urine pregnancy test. For a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, it is advised to start prenatal care early and to keep up with the appointments. Your gynecologist may advise if necessary Blood HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) to confirm your pregnancy.
- As soon as the doctor confirms pregnancy, you have to follow the pregnancy vaccination protocol as advised.
- Start taking 0.4mg or 400 micrograms of Folic acid a day. Folic acid taken few months before conception has shown to reduce neural defects such as Spina Bifida.
- Talk to your doctor about any history of diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension, Asthma . Also discuss any other acute/chronic illnesses you are/were suffering from.
- Talk to your doctor about any genetic disorders in your family.
- Go for a dental check-up as infection of gums may cause a preterm baby. Maintain a good oral hygiene throughout your pregnancy.
Possible changes in early pregnancy:
The symptoms which may be noticed in this stage of early pregnancy are as follows:
- Missed Period.
- Mood Swings.
- Aversion to food.
- Nausea , Vomiting.
- Bloating in abdomen.
- Increased frequency of urination.
- Tenderness in breasts.
- Increase in basal body temperature.
Development stage of the Baby:
Your baby is very tiny at this stage. The placenta (which will provide all the nourishment required for the baby in the next 9 months) and the amniotic sac (which will provide a warm and safe environment for the baby to move easily) are still forming.