"For the next nine months your body is a sacred temple and your womb will be the closely guarded doors protecting the little angel who will change your lives forever."
As you have stepped into pregnancy successfully, we are glad to share some relevant information and tips with you. Your baby is known as an embryo at this stage and is just like a tadpole with tail.
Mom To Be:
- Talk to your doctor about any history of previous ectopic pregnancy or any surgery. Your doctor may recommend early ultra sonography to confirm that the current pregnancy is not ectopic.
- Talk to your doctor about any history of asthma, high blood pressure and thyroid disorder, any genetic disorder history in family and any medication if you are taking.
- Common pregnancy complaints will increase this week.
- At this stage your body is adjusting to demands of pregnancy which results in fatigue in most of the pregnant women.
- It’s possible that you lose weight because of morning sickness, have fuller legs and sore breasts.
- The gynecologist will observe the changes in the size of your uterus during pelvic examination.
- If ultrasonography is performed it suggests increase in uterine size too.
- Your baby's brain and nervous system are developing at a rapid pace.
- The baby is still very small and shaped like a Tadpole.
- The optic vesicles which will develop later on into eyes of the baby are developing on the sides of the head along with the passage ways which will develop into inner ear.
- Right now the eyes, the limb buds, digestive system and the respiratory systems are in the process of formation.
- Till 56 days the baby is very vulnerable and susceptible to anything that can affect normal growth.
Expected date of delivery :
- To calculate the expected date of delivery, write down the first day of your last period, add 9 months and 7 days to it.
- Follow good prenatal habits such as eating healthy food, taking advised medicine and nutritional supplements timely.
- You must not take any medicine without advise of your gynecologist and refrain from anything which may cause harm to the baby.
- Make mint or coriander chutney and refrigerate it. Make sandwiches using it. This practice should be followed for at least 12 weeks of pregnancy.
- Fix your appointment with your doctor. General physical examination viz, weight, height, BP, will be done. Various blood tests and vaccinations (for Hepatitis A,B, Influenza) are advised if required.